Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
JimR JimR is offline

Default Has Phyllostachys nigra set seed recently?

-- Central Florida -- I've got P. nigra that was planted in the wrong place
and I regularly pull out (and either give to friends, throw away or replant
into pots) rhizomes that are emerging in my azalea or citrus gardens.
They're available to anyone that wants them --

"gnarl" wrote in message
Good news there, I just started propagating our three 'Henon' this
year!!!!

g.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:21:21 -0000, "TQPL"
wrote:

For those that are interested.

In the UK a mail order company is offering cell
grown P.nigra and I wondered if they were seed or
tc grown..................

The company informs me that the 'cell grown'
plants are rhizome propagations from field grown
plants in China. So nothing new there then!

Can breath x 3 sighs of relief that my P.nigra is
not about to flower.
Cross out tc and cuttings too from the book.
Thanks for the worldwide info help.

Zookeeper hope the beauty of the snow makes up for
the cold.
Regards
Alan(inUK)

"Zookeeper" wrote
in message
Neither have ours. And they look great covered

in snow!
Zookeeper (Oregon, USA)