Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Question about temporary decking

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Tom J" wrote:
CWatters wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

Trouble is here in the UK they will fill up again about 5 mins after
you dried them :-(

You are trying to have an outdoor party while it's raining?? You do
have trouble!! Spend the money to put a shelter over the patio!!

Tom J

Bingo.

I've got a shelter/gazebo to keep the rain off the BBQ but it won't stop 1"
of water that flows across the patio and through the gazebo in the weather
we've had recently. Normally the drains cope fine but it's been raining so
very hard recently. Will probably will keep raining for several more weeks.
I heard the jet stream is too far south. We've got towns flooded 9 feet deep
and several thousand homeless up north.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap.../nflood130.jpg

Still party on folks! Perhaps I'll just buy a few paving slabs and put them
down in the gazebo like stepping stones :-)