Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Rambling Rector

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday I met a Rambling Rector rose and was bowled over by the

fantastic
perfume. I have searched local garden centre`s but it would seem that I

will
have to buy mail order. Can anyone recommend a reliable supplier or are

they
all pretty good. I am told that the rose is very vigorous and I will have

think carefully as to where I plant it, is this so or can it be controlled
by pruning. Thanks for reading.

kate

You can take it almost to the ground each year after flowering, it will then
make loads of new stems which it flower on the next year, or you can leave
it unpruned and anything in between, be warned though I have this and its
big, stems more than two years old and the loppers wont cope and its a saw!
Its not as tall as Kiftsgate but just as vigorous.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk