Old 09-07-2007, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Hydrangea cuttings

On Jul 8, 10:10 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Outside my mother-in-laws flat there is a wonderful white flowered
Hydrangea.

What is the best way to take a cutting, or should I try layering a branch?

Is there a best time?

Any advice appreciated.

Steve

Steve, I would repeat the advice given by Emrys but I also took about
a dozen cuttings last month. I do it the easy way, I tore off new and
green growth, I took off all the top leaves leaving just a couple and
plunged them up to their necks in a sandy soil mix. They all took.

Judith