Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wane Smooth Wane Smooth is offline

Default Bees

on 09/07/2007, Billy Rose supposed :
I've never seen it so closely before. Walking down from the front gate,
I noticed a honey bee working one of the echinaceas. She was very
entense. She would grab one of the pistils(?) and hug it intently and
then move on, leaving behind a dot of yellow that was very visible
against the green, orange, and red of the pistils. Looking closer, I saw
that on the bee's hind-legs, it had like cargo pockets stuffed with this
yellow stuff (pollen?) And where ever it stopped on the echinacea it
left a little yellow dot. Then I noticed that the green-orange-red
pistils that the bee hadn't visited, had like a little drop, like dew,
on their tip. At least five minutes passed while I was lost in
contemplation. Good day:-)

It's a "wonderful world".

--
Regards From