Old 10-07-2007, 05:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mistletoe killing an apple tree?

On Jul 9, 4:18 pm, "symplastless" wrote:
What i know of Misstletoe is the seeds germinate and the plant grows
into the vascular tissue of the tree, which cuts off food and water
supply. I think if it's not too severe you could probably prune out
the branch with the parasite. I've heard in severe cases, it can kill
a tree.

Please explain what you mean when you say food?

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

Sorry. I meant carbohydrates which are manufactured during the
photosynthesis process and any nutrients taken up through the root
system. I don't claim to be an expert. Only stating what i've learned
(or remembered)through Hort. classes and working in the nursery
industry. But i always keep my ears open to new information.! Perhaps
John, you could add some information about parasitic plants and their
effect on fruit and ornamental trees. Regards, Bob.