Old 10-07-2007, 06:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Green water and algae

your nitrates are pretty high for a pond not overstocked.
what is your hardness?
rain water should drop the pH, so your well water probably is loaded
with calcium.
try shading your pond.
I got rid of my algae using a bucket filter with polyester batting.
had to toss the batting when it clogged, but you gotta trap the algae
and get it out of the system or it will just dump the nutrients back
in. that is what the UV filter is doing.
Ingrid

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:31:01 CST, "KerplunKuK"
[dot]uk wrote:

I have tried everything to get rid of my green water and algae, but nothing
is working.
My pond is not overstocked, I am not overfeeding and I have copious
quantities of plants.

Today a friend brought round a test kit and these are my results.

pH 8.6
Ammonia NH3/NH4+ 0.0ppm
Nitrate N03- 10ppm
Nitrite N02- 0.0ppm

I see the pH is too high, but what do these results show? How do I lower
the pH?

What else can I do?

Thanks

Scott