Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default still on, but how long?

still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift horse in the
mouth.......got the left eye's cataract removed today, just peeled off
the eye patch and tape.....left most of me eyebrow........now I'm going
through that first horrid sting of the first round of drops.......I will
write more when I am able to half focus......this will be the hardest
part, not being able to see up close until I can get reading
prescriptions, but hey, the cataract is GONE!! let the healing begun!
I woke after five hours crash when son got me home after a hot,
Mexican meal in Knoxville after surgery (I adore GOOD Mexican food)and
then the ride home was kinda surreal in a way.......crawled off to the
bed and vaguely remember the canines piling up around me in protective
formations......but there must have been a storm of sorts as I was
passed out, the sidewalk out front was wet when I answered an important
call on the only phone I have.......a Sprint phone that I hafta lift my
left leg, face southwest and raise my right arm and stick out my tongue
to get a bleeding signal.................I eventually realized or my
sinuses did that I was upright and the mucus began in earnest, so I went
and sat in the van and cranked it up to get the air conditioning
started. Lost the signal ~@!#$^% and then drove to the end of the
driveway to Miz Mary's house (which is sadly empty and obviously so,
despite some of her stuff still on the porch as her family don't know
what to do with it since she has life rights and lives in the nursing
home now and got where I had four of five bars on the signal and
talked for a bit as the van cooled down and I got more comfortable.

The things we do for communicative capabilities! I was strafed by the
hummer several times as I struggled to hear the voice on the cell phone,
and that's when I realized I needed to sit and since I can't see clearly
up close, I wasn't about to allow frustrations to rise in me. I am
fixed and will get glasses to finish the rest of the eye thing and be
100% so there you go...........

My love to all my gardening friends and I will keep touch as I can along
the weeks and such. There are huge things in the works right now for
me, and as I finally get them to come to fruition I will inform those of
you whom I hold close. It's all good.........those who have tomato's
ripening on the vine, I won't have any this year and the crops at the
local farmer's market are really high due to the massive drought here,
so take the salt cellar out to the vines and have a sun warmed one for
me......eat a small cuke too, and grab up that zucchini and take it
inside and slice it up and fry it in a pan with two pats of butter and
think of me..........next year, by gum, I'll be growing more veggies
because there will be more of a reason than ever before..........

(((((huge Maddie hug)))))))))

maddie up on the ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking rather hazily
and fuzzily English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36