Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

Default still on, but how long?

still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift horse in the
mouth.......got the left eye's cataract removed today, just peeled off
the eye patch and tape.....left most of me eyebrow........now I'm going
through that first horrid sting of the first round of drops.......I will
write more when I am able to half focus......this will be the hardest
part, not being able to see up close until I can get reading
prescriptions, but hey, the cataract is GONE!! let the healing begun!
I woke after five hours crash when son got me home after a hot,
Mexican meal in Knoxville after surgery (I adore GOOD Mexican food)and
then the ride home was kinda surreal in a way.......crawled off to the
bed and vaguely remember the canines piling up around me in protective
formations......but there must have been a storm of sorts as I was
passed out, the sidewalk out front was wet when I answered an important
call on the only phone I have.......a Sprint phone that I hafta lift my
left leg, face southwest and raise my right arm and stick out my tongue
to get a bleeding signal.................I eventually realized or my
sinuses did that I was upright and the mucus began in earnest, so I went
and sat in the van and cranked it up to get the air conditioning
started. Lost the signal ~@!#$^% and then drove to the end of the
driveway to Miz Mary's house (which is sadly empty and obviously so,
despite some of her stuff still on the porch as her family don't know
what to do with it since she has life rights and lives in the nursing
home now and got where I had four of five bars on the signal and
talked for a bit as the van cooled down and I got more comfortable.

The things we do for communicative capabilities! I was strafed by the
hummer several times as I struggled to hear the voice on the cell phone,
and that's when I realized I needed to sit and since I can't see clearly
up close, I wasn't about to allow frustrations to rise in me. I am
fixed and will get glasses to finish the rest of the eye thing and be
100% so there you go...........

My love to all my gardening friends and I will keep touch as I can along
the weeks and such. There are huge things in the works right now for
me, and as I finally get them to come to fruition I will inform those of
you whom I hold close. It's all good.........those who have tomato's
ripening on the vine, I won't have any this year and the crops at the
local farmer's market are really high due to the massive drought here,
so take the salt cellar out to the vines and have a sun warmed one for
me......eat a small cuke too, and grab up that zucchini and take it
inside and slice it up and fry it in a pan with two pats of butter and
think of me..........next year, by gum, I'll be growing more veggies
because there will be more of a reason than ever before..........

(((((huge Maddie hug)))))))))

maddie up on the ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking rather hazily
and fuzzily English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36
Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:35:11 -0400, madgardener
wrote:

My love to all my gardening friends and I will keep touch as I can along
the weeks and such. There are huge things in the works right now for
me, and as I finally get them to come to fruition I will inform those of
you whom I hold close. It's all good.........those who have tomato's
ripening on the vine, I won't have any this year and the crops at the
local farmer's market are really high due to the massive drought here,
so take the salt cellar out to the vines and have a sun warmed one for
me......eat a small cuke too, and grab up that zucchini and take it
inside and slice it up and fry it in a pan with two pats of butter and
think of me..........next year, by gum, I'll be growing more veggies
because there will be more of a reason than ever before..........

Been doing as you suggest all this week. Finally harvested enough
White Currant Tomatoes that we all had our fill today, with some left
over, Grandson One couldn't eat all of them for a change.

Eating cukes for you...tried some new varieties this year that are
simply the best cucumbers we have ever eaten....I lost track of which
was which in the trellis, will dig the catalog out for foto comparison,
but they are both great......Japanese Long and Suyo Long.

Having zukes every day, many ways.

It is said......all good things come to those who wait. Perhaps the
long wait is nearly over for you, for many things.

Peace and care
Charlie

Your not really a 13 year old girl pretending to be a hemorrhoidal old
man are you? I'd just hate these entrapment things;-)
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:27:50 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

Your not really a 13 year old girl pretending to be a hemorrhoidal old
man are you? I'd just hate these entrapment things;-)

Hmmmmm........now what do you think?

Is your paranoia showing, my fiesty friend?

Charlie......

there's something happinin here
what it is aint exactly clear
theres a man with a gun over there
tellin me i got to beware

i think it's time we stop, children
what's that sound
everybody look what's goin down

What did we ever do to deserve an administration like this one? Yeah,
normally they are pretty crummy, but, hey, come on already.

Discovered that the rumblin sound out side last night was the snails
having a rally, right in the middle of the alfalfa mulch too. I
explained to them that this was a "safe zone" for plants. I'm not sure
they understood but I'm pretty sure they know now I'm not a Jainist.
Long night for everybody. I'm still trackin' in leaves.

Pulled my zuchetta (vining zuch) out of the ground last week, thinkin'
it was one of the over grown radishes. Yikes. Stuffed it back in the
ground. Put a screen in front of it and I've made sure it got plenty of
water. Took the screen away yesterday and it looks like I got away with
it. This gardening is exciting stuff.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:58 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In message , madgardener
writes
......eat a small cuke too, and grab up that zucchini and take it
inside and slice it up and fry it in a pan with two pats of butter and
think of me..........next year, by gum, I'll be growing more veggies
because there will be more of a reason than ever before..........

(((((huge Maddie hug)))))))))

Great to hear it's all done and just the healing left: from my mother's
experience (she was in her 80s when she had them done) and others I
gather it doesn't take all that long... Good to hear those positive
vibes coming through, too, all will be well yet, I am sure, and we'll
enjoy Maddie's wondrous rambles ... through the cabbages?
Would try to eat a cuke too for you, but they are only the size of a
baby's thumb so far...

--

Klara in wet wet wet Gatwick basin

Old 11-07-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

madgardener wrote:
still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift horse in the

snip...

maddie up on the ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking rather hazily
and fuzzily English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Hey Maddie, where is Faerie Holler anyway? I can find Pruitt, Denton,
Reynolds, Ray, Strange Dooly, Gibson, Grapevine, Bear Wallow,
Stillhouse, Spurgeon, Camp and other that may somehow have a view of
English mountain but not yours. Or is it really protected and made
invisible by the local Faeries? g

Hope you are well and manage to remain connected.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Old 11-07-2007, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

Billy Rose wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:35:11 -0400, madgardener
wrote:

My love to all my gardening friends my words snipped

Been doing as you suggest all this week. Finally harvested enough
White Currant Tomatoes that we all had our fill today, with some left
over, Grandson One couldn't eat all of them for a change.

Eating cukes for you...tried some new varieties this year that are
simply the best cucumbers we have ever eaten....I lost track of which
was which in the trellis, will dig the catalog out for foto comparison,
but they are both great......Japanese Long and Suyo Long.

Having zukes every day, many ways.

It is said......all good things come to those who wait. Perhaps the
long wait is nearly over for you, for many things.

Peace and care
Charlie

Your not really a 13 year old girl pretending to be a hemorrhoidal old
man are you? I'd just hate these entrapment things;-)

nahhhhh, that might be Charlie.....LOL on second thought, I doubt
that Charlie is a hemorrhoidal old fart.............or a 13 year old
girl, that's what those of us old enough to know better be called
entrapment............now my SON, HE'S a hemorrhoidal 35 year
old............oooops, TMI..........LOL just kidding.............

maddie
Old 11-07-2007, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

John McGaw wrote:
madgardener wrote:
still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift horse in the

snip...

maddie up on the ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking rather
hazily and fuzzily English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee zone 7,
Sunset zone 36

Hey Maddie, where is Faerie Holler anyway? I can find Pruitt, Denton,
Reynolds, Ray, Strange Dooly, Gibson, Grapevine, Bear Wallow,
Stillhouse, Spurgeon, Camp and other that may somehow have a view of
English mountain but not yours. Or is it really protected and made
invisible by the local Faeries? g

Hope you are well and manage to remain connected.

DANDRIDGE!!!!!!!!!! Home of Martha Dandridge-Washington, wife to ol'
wooden teeth, George..............just offa I-40, offa THUNDER
ROAD.......and no, the faeries don't protect it and make it invisible,
although the local baby cops DIDN'T know I was up here one night they
came upon the dead end in search for the caller of the
911.........that's why the dead cats across the driveway have GOTTA
GO.........(I'm serious about the dead cats..the neighbor has so many
that they are dying and sizzling in this heat. I finally called AGAIN
and the baby cop was so horrified he promised Animal control would come
out.........did they? not sure, I was getting surgery yesterday. The
piece on the cops in Morristown about the horse that was shot? That was
my SON'S girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!! lord are the planets outa
alignment?????? and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Jul, 13:52, madgardener wrote:
and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!

Glad someone's rejoycing at seeing rain coming ....!!! We are not
amused here you know!!!! ;o)

I'm rejoycing though ... that you're still around! I was thinking
about you yesterday, wondering when we would next read you. Because
you know, I would for one be happy to read you once a week in my week
end news papers. Not jokking. Stumbled on your "Morning thoughts and a
mind tearing inventory of sorts..." or what abou tthe " A ripping
Spring day in January, old friends and ancient blooming shrubbery ..."
read (I'm a fan and collector see) and I felt terrible thinking we
might not be able to read you again.

Now, you could make a fortune with a weekly column somewhere in
England. Again I'm not kidding around. Have you thought about that? Do
you want me to give you some contacts? Just imagine how easy it could
be!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
[...]

YOU KNOW..................IF YOU'RE a collector, you could send me those
quickly (and there's another e-mail you can send them to, a most beloved
dear friend who WOULD collect and save them for me, honest!
and I can start on that book...............I
don't have luck with the archives. when deja news sold out to google, I
couldn't find all my rambles.........please send them to me and James?
if you had burn capability, I'd just ask you to burn them onto data disk
and send them to me........................(((((((((((((huge
hug)))))))))))))))
maddie who is still here by the graces of the internet imps..........Maw
Bell minions and sheer luck
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
[...]

p.s. James is over there in Bournemouth for the time beings.......but he
won't be there in a few weeks, but he'd definitely save the posts you
have for me. honest!
send me back some more rain!! we're still parched here.......I'd take
rain AND humidity, believe me.

maddie

Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
On 11 Jul, 13:52, madgardener wrote:
and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!

Glad someone's rejoycing at seeing rain coming ....!!! We are not
amused here you know!!!! ;o)

snip...

Believe me, in this area we could easily stand to have a good 25cm of
rain. That would just about catch us up with what should have fallen
this year, on average. If we are to replenish the ground water properly
even more would be welcome. Rather a pain in some regards, such as
top-down driving, but given the need I'll suffer the pain.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

"madgardener" wrote:
still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift
horse in the mouth.......got the left eye's cataract
removed today, just peeled off the eye patch and
tape.....left most of me eyebrow........now I'm going
through that first horrid sting of the first round of
drops.......I will write more when I am able to half
focus......this will be the hardest part, not being able
to see up close until I can get reading prescriptions, but
hey, the cataract is GONE!! let the healing begun!

snippage

Yay! So glad to hear the surgery is behind you. My MIL had
it done years ago and was just thrilled at the results.
And I'll have that cuke after work tonight...just harvested
our first one

Debra

Old 11-07-2007, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Jul, 14:51, madgardener wrote:
La Puce wrote:
[...]

Will do - no problem! As for the book ... a column would make you
richer! I've collected you since I had an American teacher to whom I
kept forwarding your ramblings. She loved them because like you she
just loved her garden, is an horticulturist (and geologist /
ecologist / environmentalist) but also was as mad as you ;o))) She
missed the States as well. Could do you a data disk too - just email
me your address.

We've been planning a trip to the states for sometimes now, waiting
for my youngest to get stronger legs on him, and would planned to
visit people we know and LOVE!. We'd start in New York (my sis has
been there for 15 years) and make our way westwards and south a bit to
Mashell in Virginia, then perhaps get to you?!? Lots of lakes around
you isn't it. Would love camping around there. Will ask tips closer to
realising our plans and dreams )

Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

"Billy Rose" wrote:
Pulled my zuchetta (vining zuch) out of the ground last
week, thinkin'
it was one of the over grown radishes. Yikes. Stuffed it
back in the
ground. Put a screen in front of it and I've made sure it
got plenty of
water. Took the screen away yesterday and it looks like I
got away with
it. This gardening is exciting stuff.

At least you did it by accident. My gardening partner has a
tendency to pull stuff up to see if it's got roots...so he
killed a whole flat of seedlings this spring. He still
can't seem to figure out why my Brandywines are a month
bigger than his Better Boys

Debra

Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
John McGaw wrote:

La Puce wrote:
On 11 Jul, 13:52, madgardener wrote:
and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!

Glad someone's rejoycing at seeing rain coming ....!!! We are not
amused here you know!!!! ;o)

snip...

Believe me, in this area we could easily stand to have a good 25cm of
rain. That would just about catch us up with what should have fallen
this year, on average. If we are to replenish the ground water properly
even more would be welcome. Rather a pain in some regards, such as
top-down driving, but given the need I'll suffer the pain.

Excuse me, Sir. Would you mind terribly if I asked whether there is an
accent that goes with that syntax? I'm not trying to pry but I'm rather
a bit of an "Henry Higgins", if you take my meaning. Being that last
industrialized country in the world to use the foot/pound measurement
system, it is an honor to meet a gentleman.