Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Supplier of climbing geraniums wanted

On 10/7/07 18:03, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

OK, OK, they're not geraniums, and they don't climb unaided, but YKWIM
(trailing, ivy-leaved pelargoniums if you don't, except that I want to
train them up a wall, not grow them in a hanging basket, so I think
I'm after longer-jointed varieties rather than short-jointed ones).

Can anyone recommend an on-line supplier who does mail order?

Chris, I do know what you mean but I think what you're looking for is a
vigorous ivy leafed pelargonium to which you will give some trellis
assistance. And a lot will depend on shelter and climate. My son's garden
has one growing up to bedroom window sill level - probably about 18 feet but
that's in the warm corner of two walls and in the CIs. All I can tell you
is that it's pink and has been there for 15 years. My husband took some
cuttings from it and we're going to experiment with it ourselves. If I can
find the photos and a site to post to, I'll do so.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk