Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake

In article ,
George Shirley wrote:

I vote for Kentucky Wonder. I have about sixty Kentucky Wonder plants
growing on 3 bean towers. My plants are only 1 foot tall and still
growing. I pick them young and steam them...yum. I do not let the beans
get fat. I prefer to freeze instead of canning them. I am just waiting
and drooling until harvest time.... last year they were like eating
candy. The Kentucky Wonder is a top ten vegi in my world

I never grew Blue Lake because I was very satisfied with the first.
I am not an expert, This is my 5th year of gardening and loving it.

Enjoy Life ..... Dan

James wrote:
I have some Kentucky Wonder and they're pretty good. Never grew Blue
Lake. Between Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake which would you grow and
why?

I've grown both and like the taste and texture of the cooked Kentucky
Wonder better than the Blue Lake. It is my understanding that most of
the canned green beans are of the Blue Lake variety. Grew and canned a
lot of Blue Lake last year and either fresh or canned they are pretty
good. Still prefer the Kentucky Wonder though.

George

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.