Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nyssa Nyssa is offline

Default Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake

Okay, I'll be the contrarian here.

I've grown both Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake,
and I prefer the Blue Lake. They taste great and
produce well.

As far as freezing or canning, I've done both to
'em and freezing tends to do better. Although I
usually eat them soon after picking or share with
a neighbor, so there is rarely enough left over
to preserve.

I'll see if I can find some Empress seeds next
year to try. I always make sure that I try a new
variety or two of something or other each year,
and I've found some real gems that way.

Nyssa, who will have some Blue Lake beans with
lunch today