Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Plants and dogs

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I am after a bit of advice if I may...

I am very new to this gardening business - my previous limit has been
a few patio pots!!

Now I am looking to put a few small trees/plants in the garden (I like
the look of black bamboo) in a minimalist garden with no grass
(decking and slabs) as I have two large dogs.

I am after some suggestions for some good landscaping plants/tress
that are low maintenence and would be ok with animals.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Nicola

I'm a cat lover myself...........but found this book for you:
http://dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DEG725

and some more
info:http://www.flower-gardening-made-eas...d-gardens.html

plants to beware of; http://www.dogpack.com/health/poisonplants.htm

I saw a dog friendly garden on TV once. They'd sectioned a piece of with a
fence specially for the dog.

Jenny