Old 31-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Shiva

Default Julie's Mystery Rose, Take Two!

Unique Too wrote:

SCT on my part is why the leaf photo didn't come through. I went

through all the motions, but didn't save it as a jpg file. My fault.

I tried renaming it several times. What I find interesting is that I can
SEE the photo, but cannot upload it to my web site. If you care to resend
with the extension fixed, I will post it. I think the leaves are important
to the id process.

Your RdV has no thorns at all?

None at all. It is a young plant, perhaps it will develop some. All in
all, it is a big disappointment due to the wimpy looking plant and the
small blooms. But I am hoping it will "blossom" once it has some age on it.

I was reminded by someone else that its only
"nearly thornless" but I don't see how anyone could call this one even

nearly thornless. They aren't large, but there are pleny of them.

I feel certain it is not RdV.

What about fragrance on yours? It's pretty much non exsistant on this

one.
Certainly not a strong rosey smell.

That is another disappointment. I smell nothing on mine. But, again, I
have heard that fragrance might develop over time--and that it largely
depends on when you stick your nose into the bloom.