Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Please identify plant? ? ?

"Ray" expounded:

Earlier I posted a query about this plant, but now it has grown.
Recently I visited William Faulkner's home, Rowan Oak, in Oxford, Miss. I
pulled a small plant which was coming out of the side of the stump of a
cut-down tree. I was hoping it was an elm tree. I have now gotten it to
growing. The first set of growth was a five-leave cluster. The next cluster
contained four leaves. But the latest ones contain only three leaves, which
leads me to believe I may be growing poison ivy.

Some have said it might be Virginia Creeper. Or is it an elm of some kind?

It can be seen at: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4xpgq/tree2.htm

Any guidance appreciated.

Now with this new picture I see it is definitely virginia creeper.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts