Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr Frank Booth Snr is offline

Default Was this down to a squirrel?

Emrys Davies wrote:
"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
news
Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
. ..

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes

doing

well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing

well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium

cuttings

growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how

this

could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

Could well be a magpie or possibly a blackbird. They tend to try and
find worms or grubs in wet soil and in doing so they can cause quite a
lot of damage to unprotected young plants in pots or trays, but I am
surprised if they took the pot. Have you had a look for it under the
balcony or nearby as I think that it will not be far away.?

Checked on the ground below as soon as I became aware of the
disappearance, but zilch!

Utterly mystified.