Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Was this down to a squirrel?

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes
doing well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also
growing well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how
this could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

Frank
Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

Frank

Slugs or Pigeons...............

Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
news
Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing
well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

Your implication was that the geranium had disappeared!

It is extremely unlikely that a squirrel would have bothered with a pot, or
even a geranium.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes

doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing

well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium

cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how

this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

Could well be a magpie or possibly a blackbird. They tend to try and
find worms or grubs in wet soil and in doing so they can cause quite a
lot of damage to unprotected young plants in pots or trays, but I am
surprised if they took the pot. Have you had a look for it under the
balcony or nearby as I think that it will not be far away.?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing
well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

they eat anything.................

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes
doing well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also
growing well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how
this could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

they eat anything.................

Perhaps they've got a pot habit?

David.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

surprised if they took the pot. Have you had a look for it under the
balcony or nearby as I think that it will not be far away.?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

If you get a knock on the door from an irate stranger with a bandaged head,
don't open it!

David.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes Baby wrote:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
. ..

I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes

doing

well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing

well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium

cuttings

growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how

this

could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

How could slugs account for the disappearance of a pot?

Could well be a magpie or possibly a blackbird. They tend to try and
find worms or grubs in wet soil and in doing so they can cause quite a
lot of damage to unprotected young plants in pots or trays, but I am
surprised if they took the pot. Have you had a look for it under the
balcony or nearby as I think that it will not be far away.?

Checked on the ground below as soon as I became aware of the
disappearance, but zilch!

Utterly mystified.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Was this down to a squirrel?/ David

Just want to say I am enjoying your lovely warped sense of humor :-)

Denise

Tour my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 12-07-2007, 05:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I live in a block of flats with a balcony. I have some window boxes doing
well and I took a few cuttings from the plants in them, also growing well.

Today I was on my balcony and to my surprise one of my geranium cuttings
growing in a 3" pot has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how this
could have happened. Anyone got some idea/s

Frank

its on ebay now.....................