Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Lawn sprinkler again

In article ,
nonsense wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
nonsense wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:

I would put ice cubes in a specific pattern out in the morning. The heat
of
the day will melt them and water where you need it.

LOL, You really bad.

According to the drug companies, extended release (under
several names) is newly patentable for every different
use. I can see it now, "Nelson Lawn Irrigating Ice Cube
Trays, Patent Applied For".

After that patent expires comes an additive to slow the
melt rate so the ice cubes can last all day.

I can think of additives that will lower the melting point, but I can't
think of any that raise it. Kurt Vonnegut's "ice nine" would be usefull
here but I don't remember the melting temperature. I just remember it
was soild at room temperature.

Maybe we could come up with a portable hammock lined with "slow release"
ice cube trays as a way to water larger areas. Heck, Joe, Charlie, and I
could start a ecologically friendly lawn watering service powered by
beer. By golly, I think we're on to something he-)

I thought that was a strong substitute for Roundup!

http://www.roundup.com/

Uh, that's the other service.
--
Billy