Old 12-07-2007, 04:32 AM posted to austin.gardening
oldhickory oldhickory is offline

Default Summer is here

things like "red sky at morning..." were the forecasters...and the cows.
They were very good forecasters.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"God Bless Texas" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:02:41 +0000, Dave wrote:

When I was growing up in S.A., only real weather makers I remember were
fronts moving north to south, and, hurricanes/tropical storms in summer.
Weather from Mexico area was never in the picture. This is short term
climatology. Big change from where I sit. Any 50 or over people out
there
with similar memories?

When I was growing up, we didn't have weather radar and satellite images,
so we had no way of telling where the weather was coming from, other than
the obvious (fronts from the north, hurricanes from the ocean).

YMMV.