Old 12-07-2007, 01:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
George W. Frost George W. Frost is offline

Default bouganvillia

"jones" wrote in message ...
Will try Flower Power - that is my closest.

Kmart sell plants here too, but I don't have much success with their plants :-(

Are they easy to grow. I have a wire trellis where I want to plant them.

Thanks
Katherine

What about a bouganvillia on a fence that will face West. Clay soil deep down.

Is it true there are Thornless ones around. I am in Sydney

Thanks
Katherine

Plenty of them, at any garden centre

I have had a few bouganvillia and I found them eaasiest to grow facing north, doesn't matter whether on a trellis or against a wall, just as long as it has somewhere to grab on to.

My sister had about 10 of them in Brisbane, all thornless and varying in colour from pale yellow to a dark red, all them were against the walls or on a trellis, three of them were under the back verandah out of the midday sun facing the east and they all seemed to grow equally