Old 12-07-2007, 06:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default bouganvillia

What about a bouganvillia on a fence that will face West. Clay soil deep down.

Is it true there are Thornless ones around. I am in Sydney

Thanks
Katherine

Old 12-07-2007, 06:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

"jones" wrote in message ...
What about a bouganvillia on a fence that will face West. Clay soil deep down.

Is it true there are Thornless ones around. I am in Sydney

Thanks
Katherine

Plenty of them, at any garden centre
Old 12-07-2007, 07:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

Will try Flower Power - that is my closest.

Kmart sell plants here too, but I don't have much success with their plants :-(

Are they easy to grow. I have a wire trellis where I want to plant them.

Thanks
Katherine

Old 12-07-2007, 01:34 PM posted to aus.gardens

"jones" wrote in message ...
Will try Flower Power - that is my closest.

Kmart sell plants here too, but I don't have much success with their plants :-(

Are they easy to grow. I have a wire trellis where I want to plant them.

Thanks
Katherine

What about a bouganvillia on a fence that will face West. Clay soil deep down.

Is it true there are Thornless ones around. I am in Sydney

Thanks
Katherine

Plenty of them, at any garden centre

I have had a few bouganvillia and I found them eaasiest to grow facing north, doesn't matter whether on a trellis or against a wall, just as long as it has somewhere to grab on to.

My sister had about 10 of them in Brisbane, all thornless and varying in colour from pale yellow to a dark red, all them were against the walls or on a trellis, three of them were under the back verandah out of the midday sun facing the east and they all seemed to grow equally
Old 13-07-2007, 01:21 AM posted to aus.gardens

Thanks again George. When is the best time to buy a potted plant of them?

My neighbour has a white shed the other side of the fence and these plants will look lovely against the white, as I saw in the Meditterean islands recently. Just beautiful.

Facing north would be against the back of the house, which is a good idea too.

Old 13-07-2007, 08:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

"jones" wrote in message ...
Thanks again George. When is the best time to buy a potted plant of them?

My neighbour has a white shed the other side of the fence and these plants will look lovely against the white, as I saw in the Meditterean islands recently. Just beautiful.

Facing north would be against the back of the house, which is a good idea too.

Katherine

I have had a few bouganvillia and I found them eaasiest to grow facing north, doesn't matter whether on a trellis or against a wall, just as long as it has somewhere to grab on to.

My sister had about 10 of them in Brisbane, all thornless and varying in colour from pale yellow to a dark red, all them were against the walls or on a trellis, three of them were under the back verandah out of the midday sun facing the east and they all seemed to grow equally

Not sure exactly when Katherine, look in your local Bunnings cattledog and when they are in season, they sell them
Or alternatively, as at the local nursery

Planting one on the back of the house sounds great, it would keep the hot weather off the walls and also have a flower display when you are in the kitchen at the sink
or if the bedroom is on the north wall, nice to look out the window when you are having a lie-in on Sunday morning with a good coffee and raisin bread toast

bouganvillia Sheila United Kingdom 13 05-11-2007 08:25 AM
Vermilion - BOUGANVILLIA-00.JPG (1/1) Mike Dee[_3_] Garden Photos 2 09-08-2007 03:27 AM
Pruning a Bouganvillia Vine No Name Plant Biology 1 15-07-2007 06:44 PM
Bouganvillia Zemedelec Gardening 8 26-06-2004 07:02 PM