Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default composting

On Jul 11, 8:13?pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
I compost my grass to roll into my garden. I've been wondering though, am I
screwing myself by doing that? I say that because my back 40 has quite a
bit of dandilions in it, plus I also use the compost pile for any of the
weeds I pull out of the planters and landscape islands. I'm wondering if
those dandilions are getting put right back into the garden the next year
when I put the compost into the dirt.

When organic matter is fully composted the seeds will be composted
too... odds are you're not really composting. There is no such thing
as partially composted, it is or it's not.