Old 13-07-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mac'sGrandma Mac'sGrandma is offline

Default Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake

We planted both the Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake on the trellis after
the sugar snap peas were done. They are just coming up.

For bush beans we like Tender Pod the best but also plant Green Pod and
Green Sleeves. All are far superior to any you can buy at the grocery,
fresh, frozen, or canned. Good crops so far this year in spite of little
rain in central Ohio.

For the first time ever we also had to deal with hundreds of Japanese
Beetles. They seemed to especially like the bean leaves. We had never
seen a JB in this area before this year.

Jane and Steve