Old 13-07-2007, 01:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default bouganvillia

Thanks again George. When is the best time to buy a potted plant of them?

My neighbour has a white shed the other side of the fence and these plants will look lovely against the white, as I saw in the Meditterean islands recently. Just beautiful.

Facing north would be against the back of the house, which is a good idea too.

Katherine

I have had a few bouganvillia and I found them eaasiest to grow facing north, doesn't matter whether on a trellis or against a wall, just as long as it has somewhere to grab on to.

My sister had about 10 of them in Brisbane, all thornless and varying in colour from pale yellow to a dark red, all them were against the walls or on a trellis, three of them were under the back verandah out of the midday sun facing the east and they all seemed to grow equally