Old 13-07-2007, 08:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
George W. Frost George W. Frost is offline

Default bouganvillia

"jones" wrote in message ...
Thanks again George. When is the best time to buy a potted plant of them?

My neighbour has a white shed the other side of the fence and these plants will look lovely against the white, as I saw in the Meditterean islands recently. Just beautiful.

Facing north would be against the back of the house, which is a good idea too.

Katherine

I have had a few bouganvillia and I found them eaasiest to grow facing north, doesn't matter whether on a trellis or against a wall, just as long as it has somewhere to grab on to.

My sister had about 10 of them in Brisbane, all thornless and varying in colour from pale yellow to a dark red, all them were against the walls or on a trellis, three of them were under the back verandah out of the midday sun facing the east and they all seemed to grow equally

Not sure exactly when Katherine, look in your local Bunnings cattledog and when they are in season, they sell them
Or alternatively, as at the local nursery

Planting one on the back of the house sounds great, it would keep the hot weather off the walls and also have a flower display when you are in the kitchen at the sink
or if the bedroom is on the north wall, nice to look out the window when you are having a lie-in on Sunday morning with a good coffee and raisin bread toast