Old 13-07-2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Was 'what are you doing'

"bobc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone!
I'm not doing anything special, but the topic got me thinking about
those of you who sell orchids. The forum is slow because it's summer
in the Northern hemisphere and I guess more people are outside, away
from the computer, on vacation, etc.
Is this time of year also slow for orchid venders?
And how many of us who summer plants outside, buy new plants and then
at the end of the season we're struggling to fit all the plants back
into their winter homes? Thinking " They all fit last year!" and then
belatedly remember there are more of them now, because of the new
purchases?
And I noticed on my Christieara (she is outside) a dead fly on one of
the roots. I wondered if it was a chance happening or if the fly was
lured and trapped by this plant. Or ... I read too many sci-fi
books! LOL
I hope each of you are healthy and reasonably happy, enjoying your
life where ever you are.
Bob Campoli - who doesn't shout when he writes and doesn't sell
orchids on or off line.

I've been spending a lot of time in my gardens and working on the new
greenhouse (a Rion). Also doing a little freezing of the excess tomatoes.
All but on orchid is thriving. One phal rotted right off it's roots! I
never had that happen before but it's been very hot and humid here. One of
the dens is blooming and another getting two flower stalks. The 5 little
catts from HD are thriving, all having nice new growth.