Old 13-07-2007, 03:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default monsteria--no seeds

"Leftred" writes:
I'm always intrigued by the fruit's apparent absence of seeds, as this
kind of defeats the propagation purpose of fruit as I understand it.

I found seeds in one of my monstera fruit earlier this year and potted them
in some seed mix from curiousity. Two of them sprouted and are growing quite
well.
I am in Brisbane and we eat the fruit, but this was the first time that I
found seeds. Previously I have just taken cuttings off the main stem, which
have always grown successfully.

Bravo! Well done! What appearance did the seeds have?
True, the plants are easy to propogate from rooted chunks, and hard to
kill.