Old 31-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Paulo Almeida

Default Echinodorus leafs with holes

I believe the culprit is my golden pleco
He lays low during the day, and at night he loves to bit the plants.
What made me think it wasnīt him, was the fact that my anubias first shown
brown dots who start to spread, and that wasnīt the work of a pleco.
I still donīt now what is the nutrient missing in my tank that is causing
this.

Thanks

Paulo Almeida

"Paulo Marques" escreveu na mensagem

My anubia Congensis is also beggining to show the same kind of holes

(the
brown spots i mentioned itīs not from algae, the are like burns, and

after
they apear the leaf start to show holes on it.

Hi Paulo

I also have Echinodorus in my 91L freshwater and I also get some holes on
the leaves.
I've read your post and I ask you a question.
Do you have clown loaches on your tank (Botia).
I have a couple of clowns and those suckers give huge bites on my

Ecinodorus
leaves making such holes...
They also manage to destroy the new leaves on the Echinodorus.

Well, it's just a thought!

Um abraco

Paulo Marques