Old 14-07-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Languishing peppers

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
In my garden, I have some very happy eggplants right next to a bad of
unhappy peppers. Same water, same soil, same fertilizer, sun, etc. Across
the garden I have more peppers. All of them are languishing. They look as
if they are in a state of mild wilt. Not yellow, not obviously diseased,
no deformities, no growths. All of them do this. In the bed next to them
are some eggplants that are growing like crazy, next to that are some
tomatillos and tomatoes that are exploding out of the ground. What is
different about peppers that they are unhappy in conditions that
eggplants, tomatoes, and tomatillos flourish in?

Which brings up a point. Why do people further north (TX here) generically
call peppers that, instead of a specific type of pepper?
Dave