Old 14-07-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Had to disduckweed my barrels and summer ponds several times..

Hi all..

Well was still asked to display my actual TFA_thread here,
too..! ;-)

***
This year seem to be a duckweed year. This morning I removed
3.200 gr. of wet duckweed and one week ago I had to remove
3.700 gr...!

The water flies multiply well, no disturbing mosquitos - but
a lot of duckweed..!

Well one of our neighbours keeps water turtles from the U.S.
and several goldfish..

Both love to eat duckweed..

Especially his turtles - what we
call "Rotwangenschmuckschildkroete" (means as much as "Red
Cheek Turtle") are big duckweed eaters..

What are your experiences with duckweed this year..?

Thanks.
***
--
cu