Old 14-07-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Had to disduckweed my barrels and summer ponds several times..

Excellent growth here, in the fishless containers. Great fish food, I use
it in my quarantine tank, as it filters the water and is great food for the
fish in there. I'll also bring it inside to the goldfish in aquariums.

I have 3 pots by the front door that I put my iris in during the summer
(tropical cannas go in the pond taking their place there till fall). I put
2 tiny fantails in 2 of the pots, and a couple taddies in the other pot.
The duckweed is thick on all 3, making me suspect the fantails didn't make
it.... Yet, when I disturb the surface looking for mosquito larvae so far
I'm not finding any. I don't see the goldfish or taddies either.

Do you have any fish in your barrels and ponds? Or not the type that eat
duckweed? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us