Old 15-07-2007, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default SBOE Was 'what are you doing'

"bobc" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm just BACK from the SBOE sale, and bought more orchids than I have for
years. A friend and I drove down on Friday and had our pick. Places
weren't too busy, becasue it was Friday. Saturday and Sunday will
probably
be a zoo.

The evil Australians here got me to buy a few native species from DUNO,
who
had some of those Den speciosum complexes that Dave et al show at abpo.
was tempted, but passed. I did get a Den pugioniforme (I know I spelled
that wrong) as well as a weird (D. fulginosa 'Black Pam' x D. convoluta
'Fiery Glow) 'Huge' x D. striolata 'Tasmania Gold' with an additioal
clonal
name of 'Tweetas Rusty' on it. LOL!! Try saying that 3 times fast. I
bought these for the leaves becasue I know I'll never see the flowers
*G*.

Hi Kathy!
LOL - I brought my Paph delanatii for exactly the same reason - the
leaves!
I don't expect to see flowers either.

My Paph. Magic Lantern has been the same. All leaves no flowers. sigh.

We call these trips bonzai suicide runs. Dang my shoulder is sore
today!

K Barrett

Wow - that sounds like great fun! My orchid addiction seems to be
quiet - no big urge to purchase more. Not like in the beginning,
where each new orchid flower was a 'must have' ... days spent figuring
out how to buy them all. Moving them around on the windowsill, in an
attempt to find just the right spot. Worrying about watering,
fertilizer, relativehumidity and light. Now that I'm more relaxed
about it. They don't seem to notice! G
Bob Campoli

Ya know, mine don't seem to notice my attentions either, LOL!! I hadn't
bought any orchids or even any raffle table tickets for over a year. So I
ws due, I guess!