Old 15-07-2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_4_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_4_] is offline

Default Tomatoes dying

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
My four tomato plants are dying off.

One plant is badly affected by grey patches on the stems and the leaves
are shrivelling, turning yellow or just rotting and it appears virtually
dead although the yellow flowers seem unaffected. This is now spreading
to the other three plants. They were all perfectly healthy on weds when I
was tying for support and pinching out side shoots.

Can some one tell me what it may be. Can I save them or do I say goodbye
to tomatoes this year?

Steve

Probably blight. It is hitting toms and spuds really bad this year.
Pull them up and burn them or put them in the dustbin.

David.

definitely blight, it seems to be everywhere this year, even got into the
greenhouse. As for saving them, I am leaving mine to see if I can get some
ripe toms before the plant collapses completely