Old 15-07-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)[_2_] Cat(h)[_2_] is offline

Default herb/weed id please?

I was doing some badly needed weeding in the (rare) sunshine today,
and came across a weed/herb I do not know. It is low growing, with
the same type of leaf structure as flat-leaf parsley, only much more
delicate. It is a paler shade of green, too, and the leaves closer to
the soil can be even paler, nearly white, or a very odd shade of
purple.
What made me think it could be a herb is that when crushed it smell of
licorice/aniseed.
I was so enthusiastically weeding I did not take the time to take a
pic. I hope my description is enough to identify it?
TIA.

Cat(h)