Old 31-03-2003, 09:56 PM
TurtleSteve

Default Outdoor turtle habitat

sounds like a good plan.

Dave Bell wrote:
I'm throwing the question out to the collective wisdom of these groups to
help me brainstorm a small, good-weather, pond extension.

We have two mature Red Eared Sliders that have been living indoors, in a
100 gallon tank for a number of years. We also have a large backyard pond,
around 3500 gallons, with lots of plants, moderate to light fish load, and
veggie and mechanical filtration. I'm thinking of adding a PVC preform
pond liner sitting on the deck edge, for a turtle tank. Have a continuous
waterfall trickle into the tank, with an overflow lip back to the main
pond, dry and submerged (6" to 10") areas, partial shade, and a 4x4" wire
mesh box over all. Put some umbrella palms (I have a *lot* this Spring!)
and probably some other smaller plants in, as well.

Any suggestions, additions, warnings, laughter?

Dave