Old 16-07-2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected][_2_] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au[_2_] is offline

Default What is the difference between an acacia tree and a locust tree?

On Jul 16, 5:46 am, "
wrote:
What is the difference between an acacia tree and a locust tree?

Some websites say they're the same; most say they're different; none
that I've found tell me what the difference is.

To be specific, I live in Madison, Wisconsin, and I'm trying to figure
out what are the tiny-leaved trees here. If you can answer that
question, I'll be satisfied.

Thank you!

Ted Shoemaker

Acacia is a genus of about 600 species so it isn't just one tree.
They vary from small shrubs to medium trees and have many shapes of
leaves and habits. So I am not sure what you mean by "acacia tree"

David