Old 16-07-2007, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_6_] Geoff[_6_] is offline

Default How to Secure Black Plastic over Soil of Raised Beds?

"Davy" wrote in message
om...
Now that the mangetout has finished and I have removed the blight infested
tomatoes, I have some bare area areas in my raised beds which I would
temporary like to cover with black plastic to prevent weeds and protect
the
soil structure from rain.

Does anyone have a method for securing the plastic over the soil of a
raised
bed in such a way that it looks reasonably attractive?

thanks,

Davy
Use pea gravel then you could stand planted up flower pots on it to
brighten it more.

Geoff