Old 16-07-2007, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz Basia Kulesz is offline

Default Groundsel (Ligularia)

I am trying to differentiate between Ligularia veitchiana and Ligularia
sibirica (a friend of mine has quite a nice collection of Ligularias, but
there is some disagreement as to which is which). And I HAVE googled. Also
looked in RHS Encyclopaedia of Garden Plants and similar books. Lots of
photos on the Web, but completely useless - usually flowers only, no leaves,
or else conflicting photos. Can you please give me any pointers - what are
characteristics of both plants, or perhaps there is a National Collection of
Ligularias in UK where I could ask for help?

Regards, Barbara.