Old 16-07-2007, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default How to Secure Black Plastic over Soil of Raised Beds?

On 16/7/07 23:09, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 16/7/07 17:52, in article
, "Davy"
wrote:

Now that the mangetout has finished and I have removed the blight
infested
tomatoes, I have some bare area areas in my raised beds which I would
temporary like to cover with black plastic to prevent weeds and protect
the
soil structure from rain.

Does anyone have a method for securing the plastic over the soil of a
raised
bed in such a way that it looks reasonably attractive?

thanks, Davy

Cut holes in plastic, insert plants? Hold down edges with rocks.

I'm interested in this method, but how does one water the plants?

I want to construct a strawberry bed.

Stick a hose in the holes or put irrigation tubes under the plastic.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk