Old 17-07-2007, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_6_] Geoff[_6_] is offline

Default How to Secure Black Plastic over Soil of Raised Beds?

I'm interested in this method, but how does one water the plants?

I want to construct a strawberry bed.

I have an eight by four foot raised bed of strawberries. Di not use plastic
sheeting, do as I did, use porous sheeting, cut stots in the form of crosses
where you want the plants then surround them with peagravel. A ring of
copper wire at the edge of the bed will keep slugs and snails away I've been
told. We became tired of eating the pounds and pounds we had from our
plants to say nothing of the waistline and cream!!

Geoff