Old 17-07-2007, 05:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JJ JJ is offline

Default Hose

AMEN.

Your right I couldn't find anything on Gates web site as well.

Anyway no more sleepless nights!

Jerry

"MLF" wrote in message

"JJ" wrote
I was questioning in my mind about using it as well. Just wanted some
opinions. To be on the safe side made a trip to Lowe's and for $20 now have
20' of 1" and have no more worries.

Jerry:

Smart man. I checked the Gates Rubber Co. website (www.gates.com) and
discovered that your description ("Gates Safety Stripe GLo8044") was
difficult to find. "Safety Stripe" comes in a myriad of types, so you can't
get a straight answer as to what it is made of without some searching
around.

IMO, when dealing with fishes, it doesn't pay to introduce untested or
unknown stuff into their environment. You just never know. You spent your
$20 well. Save the hose for your next car repair project.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA