Old 31-03-2003, 10:45 PM
~ jan

Default W. H. survived winter

You hit the nail on the head, mad. Last year during the Master Gardener
class on weeds the doctorate said if he had his way WH would already be on
the noxious aquatic plant list... course he's from the west side where it
could easily be over wintered by a careful pond person. He talks tomorrow
and we'll see if he has anything new to add. I just hope that if it gets on
the list that I know about it before it all dies so I can winter some over
inside for my personal use.

I have removed all the parrot's feather, but I keep anacharsis, both of
which are on our state's noxious weed list. ~ jan (Washington State)

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:19:04 -0600, mad wrote:

i think this would bode ill. if water hyacinth starts being hardier in
winter then it will be illegal in more states. the reason it isn't illegal
in the northern states is that the winter temperatures kill it.
just my opinion...
mad

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/