Old 17-07-2007, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default recommended hedge trimmer

"A.Lee" wrote in message
CWatters wrote:

"boombangabang" wrote in message
If the hedge is very wide, you should be using a pole trimmer

Out of interest...
Has anyone here used the Stihl pole pruner that's in the combi range? I

was
wondering if it worked on smaller branches that were just too big for a
hedge trimmer? or do they "run off the end of the saw"?

If it is the same attachment as I was thinking of, then it is like a
mini-chainsaw, and yes, some resistance is needed for them to cut
through things.
I was all set to buy 2 or 3 of the combi-system attachments, but changed
my mind, as, they were rather expensive for what they are, they are
rather ungainly compared to a stand-alone tool, and if ever the motor
stopped working, I'd be left with 3 useless tools, rather than one if
they were bought as separate tools.
On paper, the combi system is a good idea, but I'm not convinced it is
any good for more than domestic use, and even then, may be a little
expensive for a typical garden.
Alan.

Thanks for that.