Old 17-07-2007, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default How to Secure Black Plastic over Soil of Raised Beds?

"Geoff" wrote in message
news

I'm interested in this method, but how does one water the plants?

I want to construct a strawberry bed.

I have an eight by four foot raised bed of strawberries. Di not use

plastic
sheeting, do as I did, use porous sheeting,

Gets my vote. Comes in several different thicknesses. Currently got a flower
bed covered with it waiting for more of my time. Seems to keep the weeds
down a treat. Elsewhere I've had nettles and bind weed pop up.