Old 17-07-2007, 11:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default July 15 - Thistle_5723.jpg - teasel.jpg

John - Pa. expounded:

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

That's actually teasel. I know it's a weed, but I love it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teasel

I just went to an Herb Society gathering at the John Jay Homestead in
Katonah, NY. Heard an interesting talk about Medieval Herbs into
Weeds by Deidre Larkin. Of course teasel was brought here for it's
herbal purposes,

Water taken from the cup formed by the leaves used on your face would
make you more beautiful to your beloved G

This picture was taken in the John Jay Homestead Herb Garden,
maintained by the New York Unit of the Herb Society of America this
past Friday.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts