Old 17-07-2007, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default July 15 - Thistle_5723.jpg

"Ann" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" expounded:

I have a 7' high one growing in the back garden, I'd planned to take a
picture of the best flower but you've beaten me to it!

Oh, take it anyway, Mary! The one I posted was about 7' tall, also,
but I posted the closer image.

OK, will do. It survived a storm this afternoon, the like of which I've
never experienced. We had 4" of rain in 30 minutes. That might be common in
other parts of the world but not in li'l ol' England :-) Our back garden
path was ankle deep in water, the hens wisely (but unusually during the day
even in rain) when into coops.

In the meantime I'll post a picture of one in winter :-)

Oh - can't find it, just lots of teasels in summer :-(

When I do ...

Mary