Old 19-07-2007, 02:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Dog peeing on Grass

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:23:50 -0700, KC wrote:

On Jul 13, 9:23 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Hi
We babysat my friends dog and everywhere she peed on the grass is
growing like crazy and it is also a darker green in color.
Can anyone tell me what is going on as I was told the grass would die
fron her peeing on it.

The dog's urine is high in ammonia (almost pure nitrogen). Nitrogen is
fertilizer. Too much fertilizer can burn the plant. Water the areas more
than the rest of the lawn to help leech out the extra fertilizer.

True. And the longer the dog holds it in, the more concentrated it
becomes. A dog taking it's first morning leak could burn the grass
whereas going whenever the urge hits may not.

KC

I heard that the sex of the dog can have an effect on the damage it
causes. Any idea?

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com