Old 19-07-2007, 11:49 AM
philip64 philip64 is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Advice request: Will my potato vine recover?

I am the proud owner of a once thriving sweet potato vine (Solanum Jasminoides). It was planted close to a south-facing fence (in London) about three years ago and grew rapidly. It covers an area about six foot high by fifteen feet wide and flowers most of the year.

Unfortuntately some deep digging on the other side of the fence may have cut through a significant portion of the roots. Immediatey after this happened, about 90% of the foliage simply shrivelled up, leaving only a small portion at one end still green.

I have heard this ttype of vine described as 'tough'. Does this mean there is any hope that it will recover or regrow itself if undisturbed? Or is the damage likely to be irreversible?

Can anyone advise?