Old 19-07-2007, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Lathyrus matucana

On 19/7/07 12:54, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

The legend that they came into the country with the Romans is a charming one
but several sources query it. I don't really care. I'm saving seed at the
end of the flowering season for ourselves and for Cormaic. He and Mrs Taz
saw it here a while ago and he used to have it but lost it, so I've promised
to try to keep them some seed. It will certainly be interesting to see if
they come 'true'.

Its really easy to get seed Sacha and if you grow others can you be sure
that it will come true?

No but I'd like to try it. ;-) Cormaic seems to have kept seeds of his in
the past so I'll check with him.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk