Old 19-07-2007, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Potatoes

"Donna (UK)" wrote in message
Hi All

I have now dug all my potatoes up that I was growing and was wondering if
the small tubers that are left in the ground will grow again? I have
heard that once you have grown potatoes you tend to keep finding them
popping up every now and then?

Donna

Next year they will re-appear as "volunteers". It's always best to remove
every last little potato when harvesting to prevent this happening. It can
be a pain when lots of potatoes come up in next years onion or cabbage
patch. Unless weeded out they can overwhelm next years crop.

David.